Just whitening the skin is not the only thing you should focus on. The skin should also feel soft and smooth, and it should have a rosy glow. In your zeal to attain such a skin you should not go overboard and try every product under the sun which you think may lead to your goal. Most of the cosmetic products in the market have strong chemicals which are dangerous for the skin. A much better way is to try out natural home-remedies for skin care. This article will list out some such home remedies worth trying out.
1. Dried orange peel and curd mask - Dry orange peels in the sun and store them in an airlock box. Use these peels to make a paste by mixing them with curd. Apply it on your face and keep it for 15-20 minutes. Let it dry before washing off with cold water. The paste is good for your skin. It helps in lightening the dark spots on the face or anywhere on the body.
2. Coconut oil - This is another excellent remedy for lightening the marks and scars on face or other regions of the body. All you have to do is apply coconut oil directly wherever there are spots or scars on the body. Do this everyday and you can see results fairly quickly.
3. Lime juice and turmeric - Mix 2 tablespoons of lime juice with a little bit of turmeric powder to apply on your face and neck area. You can rinse off after just 10 minutes. Lime juice helps in lightening skin tone and can be an excellent home remedy for tanned skin.
4. Raw milk - Washing your face every morning with raw milk can be an excellent way to improve complexion. This is one of the simplest and most effective home remedies for skin whitening.
5. Almond and honey paste - Soak 3 to 5 almonds in water overnight and peel them off in the morning. Grind these almonds and add honey to make a thick paste. Apply it on the face and neck, leave for 15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. Honey is absolutely wonderful for the skin. This home remedy can not only improve complexion but also give a natural glow to the face.
The above home remedies are completely natural and do not have any harmful side effects. You can easily try them out at your home without needing to buy any expensive creams. If you want a lighter skin, you should also be mindful of a few other things like minimizing your exposure to sunlight and pollution. UVA and UVB rays are harmful to the skin, so if you are going outdoors, apply sunscreen lotion with a minimum of SPF 15 rating.
You should also be mindful of your diet. Increase consumption of foods rich in Vitamin C and A. Vitamin C enhances skin color and suppleness. Vitamin A helps in keeping the skin healthy and strong. Also increase your daily intake of water. Water is essential for healthy functioning of various organs and is also essential to prevent drying out of skin.
By Kent Swigg